Public Works, Inc. founder, Mikala Rahn Ph.D., takes us on a tour of their school, fills us in on how Learning Works operates, and how it fits within Public Works’s vision for giving at-risk youth in Southern California a positive future.
Learning Works Charter School (LWCS)
It all started with this one special place.
Our CEO/Founder, Emilio Daniel Vasquez, was one of the original “Chasers” and inspirations for the creation of this organization, and even helped build the initial foundations for the school’s future. This experience paved the way for our vision of more corporate social responsibility in America.
Why We Partner With Public Works, Inc.
The State of California and Federal Government provides some level of funding already that goes towards important educational programs including but are not limited to:
- College & Career Services
- Tutoring, Homework Assistance & Academic Coaching
- ELA (English Language Arts) and Math Curriculum Development
Public Works also offers ancillary support programs that our donation efforts go toward such as:
- Teen Parent Support Initiatives (diaper drives, pre-school and day-care services)
- Homeless Student Support (self-serve laundry machines, showers, food pantry)
- Community Garden for Students where they learn how to grow their own fruits and vegetables, then take them home.
They've been featured in...
Want to get involved?
Become a non-profit partner or refer one.
Are you a non-profit or know one who needs more support for a cause? If you think that cause aligns with our corporate social responsibility initiatives, reach out.
Send donation funds directly to LWCS.
Whether you make a donation through us or LWCS, 100% of it goes directly to them to pay for programs The State of California doesn’t fund.
Get a caffeine kick while you help us uplift.
When you buy a bag from us online or at your special event, 15% of the proceeds are donated directly to Public Works.